Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Challenges and SAL's

After much thought and deliberation I've joined two challenges for the year.  The first one is the YOTA challenge.  You can learn about the YOTA challenge here: http://pulltheotherthread.blogspot.com/p/yota-year-of-acronyms.html

I'm thinking posting once a month (the first Saturday) a before and after shot of a WIP/UFO isn't too hard, I hope.  Maybe this will help me whittle down that UFO bag.  Hey, a girl can dream, right?


The other challenge is one heck of a DOOZY for me.  It's a stitch from your stash challenge...and you only get a limited budget for stash each month.  Holy Cow Batman!   This one will be a hard one for me.  You can find the details here: http://epicstitching.blogspot.com/2013/12/stitch-from-stash-2014-join-now.html

It's the beginning of the year and I'm already struggling with this one bad.  See, I had this plan to purchase the last 4 LHN Sheep Virtue charts to complete the series.  I was going to just place the big order for them and then I realized....I can't get them all at the same time.  I'll only be able to get 2 of them or I'll go over my budget allowance for the month.  Guess I'm going to have to get 2 in January and 2 in February.   What's going to be even harder for me with this one is I'm really going to give it a shot with NOT buying any stash (except floss) after I get those sheep charts.   Can you imagine the horror?  An entire YEAR with no stash additions?!  Can it be done?   I'm going to give it a try and see how far I get.  You all can get up off the floor now,  I know you've fallen over laughing....

Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

  1. I've joined the stitch from your stash group too. Yikes!!! I just know that this will be the year that all my favorite designers will create their most beautiful ever patterns. Lol
    Good luck w/ your goals and here's hoping 2014 will be your happiest year ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you Sharon! May this year bring us all good health, happiness and lots of stitching! :)

      Delete
  2. I just joined too. Good luck not buying any other stash. It will be hard but I will be trying not to spend my monthly budget either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Vicky! Glad to have you join me. :) Good luck!

      Delete
  3. I think you can do it...just concentrate on what you have to stitch already, not what you want to stitch in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn! I think it's gonna be a challenge but I'm up for it! :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome to YOTA. I'm really looking forward to seeing hiw everyine gets on with this. I'm hoping to get a finish ir two out of it :) I'm also joining in with the SFS as I really have to stop making new starts and get my stashing under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to a year of stash busting and lots of finishes. Will have my first YOTA update later today. :)

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you joined YOTA - it is nice to see your UFOs get some progress. As for Stitch from Stash - you can do it! I have confidence in you ;)

    ReplyDelete